Newb that needs help.

Well, I finally found and fixed my air leak. It was an elbow and I put some of the rubber tape stop leak stuff on both sides and it fixed it. Can't remember what that's called but it's awesome. Going to get my cya and ch levels up hopefully today.

Still experiencing blackish gray stain growth along with light brown now. Numbers are pretty good I think. What to do now?
fc-5
ph-7.6
ta-90
ch-280
cya-30
csi-0.06
water temp-84*

Water is crystal clear and sparkling. Been brushing every other day and vacuuming once a week or as needed. I'm so confused. Did the jacks magic stain id test kit and the #2 copper and scale stuff had the best results but not great. #1 iron, cobalt and etching made a faint difference. Is it mottling from the blue plaster? It's pretty plaster. Help! This is ugly looking.

- - - Updated - - -

More pics

Hi coach. I'm not super familiar with plaster assessments, but I do know that I've seen people recently clear up copper staining on plater using an underwater muriatic acid wash with a tool you attach to the bottle. At the end of the day, this might be a cheaper date than the Jacks Copper stain treatment if it didn't work that well, because by having the wand, you're able to mechanically repeat treatment, and MA is cheap.

Disclaimer is that I do not know for 100% certain that this will work in your case, but the results from acts test lead me to believe it would.

Here's a link on the wand to read up: Amazon.com: Purity Pool UAW Underwater Acid Wash Set: Patio, Lawn Garden

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.