Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Does this product contain stabilized chlorine?

1. Back To Top    #1

Does this product contain stabilized chlorine?

Does anyone know whether this In the Swim pool shock (link below) is stabilized or unstabilized?

http://www.intheswim.com/p/pool-shoc...p-tab|pdp-tab2

The former owner of my home left behind about 10 bags of this product. It is Cal Hypo, which isn't ideal, but my CH level is manageable right now (110 ppm), so I'm hesitantly willing to take a little more calcium to save some money by using this for my next SLAM. My main concern is CYA. If this product is stabilized, I don't want to use it. As we speak I'm replacing water to fix a high CYA level.

The only thing I can find on that page is one reviewer who said they like that it won't raise CYA levels and a description on the bag that says "it won't overstabilize your pool." But it's not very upfront about whether its stabilized.

Forgive me if this is an obvious question. I'm new here, though the Pool School has taught me a ton.
    12250 gallons | IG | Vinyl liner | Sand Filter | Emerson 1081 Pump EUST1102 | Hayward Pro Series High Rate Sand Filter Model #S166T | Pool <10 yrs. old | Taylor K-2006 test kit | SharkVac automatic pool cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Does this product contain stabilized chlorine?

We love questions

it has no stabilizer in it, that is one of the few one's that do not, here is most of the way's to chlorinate your pool.. Pool School - How to Chlorinate Your Pool

You are correct in that it will raise your CH level, as long as you know that your good
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

3. Back To Top    #3

Use the bottom of pool math (after entering volume) to calculate how much FC and how much CH it will add.
    Helpful Links: Pool Chemistry 101 - Recommended Levels - Recommended Chemicals - FC/CYA Chart - SLAM Instructions - Pool Math
    Test Kits:
    TF-100 - Taylor K2006 - SpeedStir Upgrade - Taylor K-1766 Salt Test
    My Pool:
    28k IG built May 2015 - Autopilot SWG - Pentair VS Pump/DE Filter/Heat Pump

4. Back To Top    #4

Great. Thank you for confirming that. I'll use Pool Math to see how much CH it will add and make a determination if its worth it.
    12250 gallons | IG | Vinyl liner | Sand Filter | Emerson 1081 Pump EUST1102 | Hayward Pro Series High Rate Sand Filter Model #S166T | Pool <10 yrs. old | Taylor K-2006 test kit | SharkVac automatic pool cleaner