Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Aquarite swg question!

1. Back To Top    #1

Aquarite swg question!

Ok so last year I replaced my swg and had troubles all last season getting my chlorine up in my pool even though I had a larger cell then I needed for my size pool, Hayward actually gave me the tcell 15 because of the issue I was having with no chlorine, so last year I had my pool running 12 hours a day and turned almost all the way up on the swg, and that barely kept it at the proper level, this year it's been the complete opposite, my fc is high and has been for two weeks now, I have the swg set on 40% and the pump running 8 hours a day and still my fc is above 10, is it possible the weather( which has been much cooler than Normal for this time of year and lack of sun) has caused this issue?? Just kind of confused on how we went from one season not generating enough to now generating to much??
    27k gallon In ground, vinyle, Hayward aqua rite swg turbo cell15, Taylor K-2006 test kit,Hayward heater, Hayward dex2421 DE filter, Ecco pool pump 2 HP single speed

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Aquarite swg question!

you are all over it, the sun/UV will "eat" your FC level and with colder water it is also not letting anything grow.. The opposite happens when you have hot weather/water and the sun beating down on your pool...

start out with less run time and less percentage on your SWG then as it heats up and more sun extend your run time and raise your SWG level..

For a day or so shut your SWG off and let your fc drift down to your CYA level then start it back up and see what 20% does
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Easy to answer in three words. chlorine, chlorine, chlorine. Last summer you had organics that you didn't get rid of (so they consumed all your chlorine) and this year you didn't have them so you are able to keep chlorine in the pool.

Testing and know what the results means is Paramount to what we teach. read "The ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry" up in Pool School......that'll get you started.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

Ok thanks, we struggled so much last year, we had the liner replaced and swg, had several issues with the company who installed the liner, it was a nightmare and I think we just never got the pool chemistry right, because we fault it all year, this year it seems we might have started out on the right foot and just need to dial it in now that everything is working properly. Because with our old swg before this new one we have, we could run the pump for 4 hours a day and never had any issue with Chlorine, so I rather have a problem with to much than not enough lol
    27k gallon In ground, vinyle, Hayward aqua rite swg turbo cell15, Taylor K-2006 test kit,Hayward heater, Hayward dex2421 DE filter, Ecco pool pump 2 HP single speed

5. Back To Top    #5

So, how are you testing your pool? That is the key to maintaining a clear pool ... accurate testing.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

6. Back To Top    #6

I have a Taylor test kit

7. Back To Top    #7

"a" Taylor kit?!?!?!? Which one? Because the one you need is the K-2006
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

8. Back To Top    #8

Yes the k-2006, couldn't remember right off hand lol

9. Back To Top    #9

After the ABC's here is a good guide for SWG users, Pool School - Water Balance for SWGs.
    16k gal plaster with raised spa, Jandy DEV60 filter, 2 HP 2-speed SHPF Jandy Stealth pump
    Hayward Aqua Rite T-15 SWCG, Jandy LXi 400k BTU NG heater, 350 sq.ft. of Sun Star solar panels, TF-100 Test Kit, Dolphin s300i Cleaner
    Test Kits . Pool Math . Chlorine/CYA Chart . The SLAM Process