Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Splash SuperPool tear at Outlet port

1. Back To Top    #1

Oregon, IL

Unhappy Splash SuperPool tear at Outlet port

Hello, our Splash SuperPool is 10 years old. We noticed two years ago a small leak by one of the outlet ports. It became a bigger leak last year and we noted the port hold in the liner itself was gaping beyond the gaskets. We replaced the gaskets and put sealant around it. This spring when we removed the winter cover, the entire outlet assembly pulled away from the outside pool wall, revealing a lateral 2" tear coming from the outlet hole. We tried patching it, but the area is hardened and wrinkled and won't hold a patch.
    I'm afraid we're going to have to drain the entire pool, disassemble it, lay the liner down flat, and patch it with some type of flat weight on both sides. However, with the material seeming to be hardened, I'm not confident it will hold. Any suggestions?
    Splash SuperPool 2006 21x41x4
    North central IL

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: Splash SuperPool tear at Outlet port

Welcome to TFP!!!

Sorry to be the one to tell you, but sounds to me like you need a new liner.

If you were to drain it and try to fix it, likely it would shrink some and tear or crack when you try to refill it.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

I don't have any good advice but I thought I'd tell you something I read here the other day, since I just looked to see what a super pool was. My 1st thought was the same as jbizzle, you need a new liner, BUT now I'm unsure if you can even replace a liner in that type of pool since it is essentially a very heavy duty & surely very expensive version of the intex ultra frames. The only replacement parts I saw on the site was steel & plastic which didn't include a liner.

BUT I have seen where a couple of intex owners have used overlap liners for replacements. I know a repair would be the simplest & most cost effective solution but if it's not feasible this may be your only option.

Also I don't know if this would help anything at this point but as you said the area has hardened & wrinkled maybe try to get & keep it as wet as possible for a few hours then maybe it might soften up enough for a repair?

Like I said I really have no clue, my only experience is with intex pools though I'm getting ready to install a traditional AGP, but I hope you find a solution!

4. Back To Top    #4
    SW PA

You either need a new pool or try and drop an above ground liner in it like others have done. You got 10 years out of it. Congratulations.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter