Replaster of 1300 Gallon IG Spa, chlorinator questions ...

May 10, 2009
Hello All ... I am new here to the forum ...

I have about a 1300 gallon IG spa. Currently I am using a Hayward cartridge filter C1200 with a 1HP Hayward pump ... I would like to know if anyone has used an automatic chlorinator in their spa only.. I am thinking about using an offline one, and just want to make sure that my spa is not too small for it ...

I would also entertain using a device the would make the chlorine and PH, if anyone has any ideas ..

Thx ...

Chlorine usage in a spa varies rather dramatically depending on how much you use the spa, especially if you keep it covered. Because of that, it doesn't usually work that well to have a chlorinator in a spa. If you use it a lot you get too little chlorine and if you use it very little you get too much chlorine.

If you want to get fancy automated controls, you should look at the Total Control System from AutoPilot, or the Sense and Dispense system from Hayward. However, while these systems work well for many people, they can fail in complex ways and end up being more trouble than they are worth.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.