Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Pool, Already Leaking

1. Back To Top    #1

New Pool, Already Leaking

Hi everyone,

I'm a newbie and could desparately use some advice. My pool is about a week old and is already leaking. (A significant leak from what I can tell.) The installer suspects that the main drain is leaking, but says he can put something on it to fix it (I'm not sure what). Has anyone else encountered this? Should I let him make the repair? Thank you so much!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Pool, Already Leaking

Hello and welcome to TFP! If the MD is indeed the culprit, I would recommend closing the suction line from the MD to the pump if you have the ability (if the MD was plumbed separately to the pump). In the meantime, your builder should be obligated by your pool warranty to repair a leak on a product only one week old. As to the repair method, I guess that would depend on how the MD is leaking (the plumbing or around the drain fitting itself). If you learn more let us know. We have some good experts that can help you. Nice to have you with us.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: New Pool, Already Leaking

Thank you for the advice! I'll let you know once I learn more.