Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Glass Tile from Lowes

1. Back To Top    #1

Glass Tile from Lowes

Hi All,

My wife and I have been looking at all sorts of glass tile for installation in the waterline of our pool. I'm familiar with the Thermal Shock compliances that are "voluntary" but this really doesn't help when selecting pool tile since nearly all the sources I can see online don't specify whether or not they are compliant (save for some of the specialty shops like LightStreams or NPT etc.). Anyway, we stopped at Lowes and found a beautiful tile but Lowes doesn't specify whether or not it would work in a pool (rated for outdoor, shower and non-vitreous).

Shop American Olean Delfino Glass Cornsilk Mosaic Glass Wall Tile (Common: 12-in x 12-in; Actual: 11.87-in x 12.87-in) at Lowes.com

Interestingly it has a metal which I'm assuming to be stainless steel in the tile. I just sent an email to the manufacturer to ask but thought I would post here as well and see if anybody has opinions on this stuff (particularly the metal tile). It seems that the metal would be resistant to Thermal shock (unknown about salt chlorination/chemicals).

Anyone have any specific sources they would choose for tile? Stay away from Home Depot and Lowes?

Thanks!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Glass Tile from Lowes

If you look at the 360 view and spin it around and use the blow up tool you can read the stats on the back of the tile. Not recommended for pool interiors.
    IG ~12000 gallon 1988 freeform pool with IG spa, Hayward equip, Ecostar pump. Remodel done: NPT Arctic 1x2 tile in Lagoon w/ gray thinset & Light Pewter grout, French Gray PebbleSheen w/ grey fittings, Leuders buff eased edge limestone coping w/ Light Buff mortar, buff mastic

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Glass Tile from Lowes

Quote Originally Posted by Kpag View Post
    If you look at the 360 view and spin it around and use the blow up tool you can read the stats on the back of the tile. Not recommended for pool interiors.
    Wow - you know how to find stuff. I was wondering what you are talking about - 360 view, spin it around... Good eyesight too
    Geometric pool with all Pentair equipment. Raised spa - 18" with Artic Lagoon 1" glass tiles. 3HP VS Pump, 2 skimmers, 6 returns, IC40 Salt system, Easy Touch 8 with LED color light in pool and spa. 1200 sqft of Marble White Pavers decking in Versailles pattern. Tiling and coping almost completed, Indigo Blue Prism Matrix plaster. Pool Build Thread: Houston (Katy) Pool Build - Started April 2016