Glass Tile from Lowes

Feb 25, 2016
Carlsbad, CA
Hi All,

My wife and I have been looking at all sorts of glass tile for installation in the waterline of our pool. I'm familiar with the Thermal Shock compliances that are "voluntary" but this really doesn't help when selecting pool tile since nearly all the sources I can see online don't specify whether or not they are compliant (save for some of the specialty shops like LightStreams or NPT etc.). Anyway, we stopped at Lowes and found a beautiful tile but Lowes doesn't specify whether or not it would work in a pool (rated for outdoor, shower and non-vitreous).

Shop American Olean Delfino Glass Cornsilk Mosaic Glass Wall Tile (Common: 12-in x 12-in; Actual: 11.87-in x 12.87-in) at Lowes.com

Interestingly it has a metal which I'm assuming to be stainless steel in the tile. I just sent an email to the manufacturer to ask but thought I would post here as well and see if anybody has opinions on this stuff (particularly the metal tile). It seems that the metal would be resistant to Thermal shock (unknown about salt chlorination/chemicals).

Anyone have any specific sources they would choose for tile? Stay away from Home Depot and Lowes?

Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.