SW Washington
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45 Plus
I don't know why it's taken me am entire year to realize that the fine sediment I dutifully vacuum every time I get in the pool is the SAME stuff that keeps coming back out. I don't think it's dead algea as I've never had anything but a sparkling pool and when I do my testing my CC's are always <. 5.We did a ton of landscaping over the last year and I'm pretty sure this is dust from the many loads of gravel and soil we had dumped nearby. Anyhow, I have backwashed my filter which didn't seem to make any difference. I also tried pantyhose in the skimmer basket while vacuming (dust was back the next day).

My next plan involves the slime bag type setup using duda diesel bags . My question is whether or not this has to be put on the return or if I can line my skimmer basket with it? I don't want to do anything that will damage my pump. I also ordered some DE and will give that a shot

It's not a lot of dirt , just enough to bug me. Chances are if your on this site you take pride in perfect pool water so I hope you understand my plight :D.

For fine concrete dust I had in my pool after construction I used a hair net in the skimmer with two pieces of paper towel changed out everyday. After a week or so the pool cleaned up. Everyday the paper towel came out brown so it was definitely helping clean it up. I would give it a shot, it's a cheap solution to try.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.