Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Out with the old in with the new!

1. Back To Top    #1
    Middletown, Pennsylvania

Out with the old in with the new!

I was so sick of the pool store and their attitude of buy this over priced Chem and nothing worked. I started here ordered a good test kit. Didn't even get it yet but started dumping bleach into my pool to try and get a reading. I was all set to buy new water gallon number 14 did the trick! Chlorine!! Lots of it!!! When I get my Taylor kit tomorrow I'll measure everything and get it just right. But look at all the old junk I don't need anymore!!! Love this site!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry about the upside down pics
    Attached Images Attached Images
    15,000gal, IG plaster, DE filter, Centurian 2HP pump, Raypak propane heater, built in 2005, Taylor K-2006 test kit.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Cincinnati, OH

Re: Out with the old in with the new!

The plus side is that you now have a fabulous stash of buckets that can be used for so many other things!

27' AG 18K Gallons ~ Cartridge Filter ~ Pentair 1.5 HP Pump

3. Back To Top    #3
    Sarasota, FL

Re: Out with the old in with the new!

just do yourself a favor...dont add up how much all those branded pool chems cost depressing

welcome to TFP! glad you decided to take control of your pool. you are going to be VERY happy with the results and savings!
    9,000 gallon in-ground Saltwater pool, plaster, cartridge filer, 1.0 hp pump, Hayward T-15 SWCG, TF-100
    Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart; Pool School - Test Kits Compared;