New pump

May 10, 2016
Brampton
I just bought a house that came with a pool. As soon as I turned the pump on it shorted out. I had to purchase a new pump and it seems like it's running a little hard, maybe even over loading? After a few minutes of running the pump shuts off and it won't turn back on. It's supper hot at touch and the psi gauge on the filter does not indicate any pressure.
Can someone please help. What could be the problem?
Could it be the filter?

Hello and welcome to TFP! :wave: First thing we should verify .... is there any water moving through the pump/traveling through the pump's strainer basket? Is that basket full of water?

Also, please add your pool info to your signature by going to the top of the TFP web page (just under the Pool School button) and select "SETTINGS". On the next page look to the left for a menu bar that says, “MY SETTINGS” and go to "EDIT SIGNATURE" to enter your pool and equipment info there. It will help us later. This link may also help you: Pool School - Read This BEFORE You Post.

When you say that you had to replace the pump, did you replace the entire pump or just the motor? And if just the motor, are you sure you got the right size?

Hey Texas Splash
Yes there is water moving through the pump and the basket is full of water. I will fill in my info asap
Hello mas985
I Replaced the entire pump. I brought the old pump with me to make sure I got the right size.
Thank you so much for all and any help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not a lot but it does happen once in a while.

One thing to check is to make sure nothing got stuck in the impeller during setup or first run.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.