Trichlor feeder options for variable speed pumps?

Apr 15, 2014
Pacific NW
Hello,

I know the issues with Tricolor sanitizers but have been using them without issue for the last 9 years but want to switch over to a feeder vs floater with the new pool heater. Does anyone have any experiences using these with variable speed pumps as I've read some issues exist. Normally during filtration it runs at a lower speed but during the gas heater use and solar panel use it speeds up and I've read that can play havoc with them.

Any thoughts and experience would be appreciated.

I run my VS pump at 1100 rpm to skim, filter and make chlorine with the SWG. It uses 150 watts. At 10.25c/kWh I can run it 24x7 for 12 bucks a month. I run solar at 1950 rpm and it uses 550 watts. Been running like this for 4 years, works great!

Pretty straightforward math. If you increase your pump speed, you will increase your FC output by about the same percentage. Complicated if you are adding chlorine 3-4 times daily, for sure.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.