Pressure building

Apr 28, 2015
Charlotte, NC
This is no doubt a 101 question, sorry. My pool was installed just last year. The pressure always used to go back down to about 13 PSI when I'd backwash. This year, I can't get it below about 18 PSI. Is this normal? I assume there's junk in there I can't get out with backwashing; just want to be sure. Today I ran the backwash longer than usual (several minutes), and turned the pump off/on several times to try jarring junk free. Still at ~18 PSI.

Thank you. It's such a relief getting responses from people who are nice. Seriously.

Unrelated question: I constantly find sand in the pool. Mainly in the automatic cleaner's bag (Polaris). Not a huge amount, maybe a handful of sand every couple weeks. Is this normal? The contractor said it was, but I've spent a year wondering if they broke one or more laterals...

I get a lot of sand in my robot, from it blowing into the pool from the air. If you think you have a problem, turn off the pump, wait about 30 minutes, then turn it on while someone holds a sock over a return. That'll tell you if it is coming from the filter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.