Uncovering pool first time in 4-5 years

Uncovering a pool for first time in a long while. Of course it's green and nasty but the sides of liner are coming off with water behind in several spots. Would like to slam it but do I need to fix liner first?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 54
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 55
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 55
wow, this one might be some fun! are you able to get the liner back into place?? you can lower the water a few inches and use near boiling water to pour on the liner to allow it to stretch a little bit. if you cant get the liner back into place, there is no point in SLAMing it to clean it, you are going to have to replace the liner. looks to me like you should be able to get it back into place with some muscle. after that....its going to be a LOT of bleach and a lot of scooping out gunk from the pool. first thing, see if you can get that liner back into place. and welcome to TFP!

if you can get the liner in place, that pool will be sparkling clear in a few weeks, we have seen much worse here!

Thanks for the fast reply, looking closer now it appears to have about a foot long tear in liner right around a jet site, looks like I'll be replacing the liner. Glad to have found this forum, and hopefully after liner is replaced will never have a green pool like this again!

Thanks for the fast reply, looking closer now it appears to have about a foot long tear in liner right around a jet site, looks like I'll be replacing the liner. Glad to have found this forum, and hopefully after liner is replaced will never have a green pool like this again!

Be sure to come back after the new liner to start fresh using the methods taught here... you won't regret it!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.