Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Uncovering pool first time in 4-5 years

1. Back To Top    #1

Uncovering pool first time in 4-5 years

Uncovering a pool for first time in a long while. Of course it's green and nasty but the sides of liner are coming off with water behind in several spots. Would like to slam it but do I need to fix liner first?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Kidney shaped inground vinyl pool 14x36, approximately 20,700 gallons. Hayward 24" sand filter with Century Centurion 1hp pump, also has booster pump but can not read label.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Uncovering pool first time in 4-5 years

wow, this one might be some fun! are you able to get the liner back into place?? you can lower the water a few inches and use near boiling water to pour on the liner to allow it to stretch a little bit. if you cant get the liner back into place, there is no point in SLAMing it to clean it, you are going to have to replace the liner. looks to me like you should be able to get it back into place with some muscle. after that....its going to be a LOT of bleach and a lot of scooping out gunk from the pool. first thing, see if you can get that liner back into place. and welcome to TFP!

if you can get the liner in place, that pool will be sparkling clear in a few weeks, we have seen much worse here!
    Dan
    9,000 gallon in-ground Saltwater pool, plaster, cartridge filer, 1.0 hp pump, Hayward T-15 SWCG, TF-100
    Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart; Pool School - Test Kits Compared;

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks for the fast reply, looking closer now it appears to have about a foot long tear in liner right around a jet site, looks like I'll be replacing the liner. Glad to have found this forum, and hopefully after liner is replaced will never have a green pool like this again!

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by brbrian View Post
    Thanks for the fast reply, looking closer now it appears to have about a foot long tear in liner right around a jet site, looks like I'll be replacing the liner. Glad to have found this forum, and hopefully after liner is replaced will never have a green pool like this again!
    Be sure to come back after the new liner to start fresh using the methods taught here... you won't regret it!
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner
    http://www.PerfectlyClearPoolService.com

5. Back To Top    #5

Welcome to TFP!!!

Bummer about the tear ... I was hoping to get to watch this one get cleared up
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by jblizzle View Post
    Welcome to TFP!!!

Bummer about the tear ... I was hoping to get to watch this one get cleared up
    Me too! LOL
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner
    http://www.PerfectlyClearPoolService.com

7. Back To Top    #7

That stinks that it's torn....that would have been a fun one to watch back to life. I feel for your upcoming liner installer too!
    Pentair Intelliflow 3HP Pool Pump, Pentair IC40 Salt Chlorinator, Jandy Sand Filter
    Pool Size- approx 26,000 gallons; 18 by 34 rectangular w/ a liner

8. Back To Top    #8

Good luck! We can help you get your chemistry balanced after the new liner. Better to trust us than your PB!