Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Need help identifying this outlet

1. Back To Top    #1

Denver, CO

Need help identifying this outlet

I have waste'd the antifreeze from my system and everything is set to turn the filter on. However, when I turn the multi-port to filter and run the pump I get water coming out of a mysterious outlet. I don't know what this outlet is used for or why water would be running through it. It isn't my backwash line, I have labeled that as blue in the photo.

In the attached photo the blue line is my backwash, that works properly when I set the multiport to backwash. The red outlet is shooting out water when I set the multiport to filter. The PVC comes out of the ground I don't know where it connects to the overall circulation system. Of course I have not had this problem before.

Any help is appreciated, I hope everyone is having a wonderful pool start season.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

Re: Need help identifying this outlet

I think we'll need another picture from the side to see what happens to the plumbing after it exits the filter.

Do you, by chance, have a spillover spa? That could be the air intake, and the return jets are clogged or still plugged for winterizing.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!