How to remove DE from water

fee174

May 10, 2016
Toronto
Hi everyone..... second year opening pool and I screwed it up already. I added my 9 lbs of de.... Then noticed that it was going straight into the pool. I took the filter apart and there were no issues with it. Turns out I didn't have it seated correctly in the base which is why it was circulating back into the pool. What is the best way to get rid of the excess DE? I placed the filter back in... Added DE to it so it was coated and would hopefully pick up the DE in the pool via filtration. Should I leave the filter running? Or leave It off and let it seems to the bottom and vacuum it up? Will I be able to get it all out? I have an inground 20x40 foot pool with a star rite 3 filter

Welcome to TFP! :wave:

I would leave the pump off for a while to see if you can allow it to settle on the bottom. Then try to vacuum it up manually if you can see it. Manually giving the whole pool a vacuum would get nearly all of it if you allowed it some settle time prior.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.