Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Do you guys think this pool skimmer would work connected to my pressure return line?

1. Back To Top    #1

Do you guys think this pool skimmer would work connected to my pressure return line?

Amazon.com : PoolSkim Pool Skimmer and Pool Cleaner : Swimming Pool Maintenance Kits : Patio, Lawn Garden

I took out my old pressure side Polaris pool cleaner a few weeks ago when I bought a new Dolphin vacuum and was thinking about possibly attaching this to that dedicated pressure return line and run it off the booster pump timer. It would be perfect because I could set it on the timer and have it skimming at the exact time I'd want it to. My pool skimmer doesn't do the best job of removing surface debris and I thought this would work well. It wiould still leave my other three pool return jets open too.

I've found a 2" threaded male to 1.5" threaded female PVC reducer, so that it would fit in the pressure return line. What you guys think?
    15k Gallon In Ground Saltwater Gunite Pool and Spa w/ Overflow
    Dolphin Nautilus Plus Pool Cleaner
    Main Filter Pump - 1.5HP Pentair Whisperflo connected to Triton II Sand Filter
    Spa Pump - 2HP Pentair Whisperflo w/ 2HP Polaris Spa Air Blower
    Resilience PSC3 SWCG

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Do you guys think this pool skimmer would work connected to my pressure return li

some have reported good results with that one
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Do you guys think this pool skimmer would work connected to my pressure return li

I keep mine connected to a return at all times. No reason to turn it on/off that I can think of.

If you don't get enough pressure, you can change the other three returns to these, which is what I did. I run a VS pump and have it set very low, so I had to change the other returns to get the PoolSkim to work.

Amazon.com : Pool and Spa Eyeball Jet 1.5 Garden
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by cowboycasey View Post
    some have reported good results with that one
    Do you think it would work properly connected to my booster pump/pressure return line?
    15k Gallon In Ground Saltwater Gunite Pool and Spa w/ Overflow
    Dolphin Nautilus Plus Pool Cleaner
    Main Filter Pump - 1.5HP Pentair Whisperflo connected to Triton II Sand Filter
    Spa Pump - 2HP Pentair Whisperflo w/ 2HP Polaris Spa Air Blower
    Resilience PSC3 SWCG