Pool Heater

joe111

Jun 13, 2012
burlington, Ontario
Good day all.

First I would like to thank everyone in this community for everything. I love this site.
Quick question.

I have a raypak 255 000 btu pool heater and want to heat my pool but the question is my pool is 60 right now and I want to bring it to 80. Will this cause any over heating issues if I run the pool heater 24/7 or should I slowly increase the heat over the next week.

Please and thank you

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry Guys forgot my signature.

Good day all.

First I would like to thank everyone in this community for everything. I love this site.
Quick question.

I have a raypak 255 000 btu pool heater and want to heat my pool but the question is my pool is 60 right now and I want to bring it to 80. Will this cause any over heating issues if I run the pool heater 24/7 or should I slowly increase the heat over the next week.

Please and thank you

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry Guys forgot my signature.
I'll defer to the pro's but I don't think I would sleep too easy with a gas heater running all night. What about one of those cheapo solar blankets, (the bubble wrap type) and run the heater during the day? Assuming there are enough folks around to spot / smell any issues during the daylight hours, if not then I don't guess it makes much difference.

I'll defer to the pro's but I don't think I would sleep too easy with a gas heater running all night. What about one of those cheapo solar blankets, (the bubble wrap type) and run the heater during the day? Assuming there are enough folks around to spot / smell any issues during the daylight hours, if not then I don't guess it makes much difference.

We do this frequently (well, as often as we need to when we have people coming over the next day and the water temp has dropped appreciably) without incident.

No problem with doing this. You might be surprised that it would heat quicker than you think. Invest in a solar blanket to keep the heat in.

What are the outside temps where you live?

Thanks Iceflow great idea.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks everyone for your input. I live in ontario and the current temp is 11 Celsius or 56 F. I do have a solar blanket as well. I am mostly concerned about over working the pool heater having it run for over 15 hours straight to increase the pool 20 degrees.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks everyone for your input. I live in ontario and the current temp is 11 Celsius or 56 F. I do have a solar blanket as well. I am mostly concerned about over working the pool heater having it run for over 15 hours straight to increase the pool 20 degrees.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.