Adios pool store

E Murph

Bronze Supporter
May 10, 2016
Middletown, Pennsylvania
10 years since our plaster pool was installed. I've been a slave to the pool store and the chemicals. After reading your pool school and a lot of posts I'm ready to change the way I do things. This year after opening the pool it looked great but would not register chlorine. The pool store told me I had phosphates which I never heard before? Apparently not an issue! I found a high level of ammonia on my own and added a bunch of bleach to bring that down. I decided to drain a third of my pool and get some fresh water and ordered a nice test kit based on pool school. I will be throwing away my Nature 2 filter. All the shock Chemicals I have and switch to bleach. Can't wait to save time money and say goodbye to the rip off pool stores!!! Thanks!

You made my heart happy AND your wallet even happier! LOL

I can't wait for you to get your test kit! Which one did you order? Add it to you siggy so everyone will know which one you have in the future!

When you get your test kit start a thread in "Just Getting Started" and we will be there to cheer you on and help as needed. We have a couple of tricks for some of the tests that makes life easier.

:hug:

Kim:cat:

Thanks so much! I ordered a Taylor K2006 from Amazon. I'll get it tomorrow. I will ad it to my signature! Pool store final straw was the phosphate stuff they told me was causing my lack of chlorine. Ammonia seems to be the problem. I dumped about 15 gallons of bleach in it and it seems to be getting better but I have too much CYA from all the shock they told me to dump in. Thursday I'll get a 1/3 new water and a good test and go from there! Thanks!