Aqua Check Salt Strips?

Feb 25, 2010
Sacramento, CA
I received my TF-100 Kit today. It came with some Aqua Check Salt Strips. How accurate have others found these to be?

Here are the numbers from my first test session with the TF:

FC: 14
CC: 0
PH: 7.8
TA: 120
CYA: 70

Is it normal to have such a high FC? My cell is generating at about 40% for four hours a day (12,000 gallon pool/spa). I need to add a little more acid to get get the PH down. Will this also lower the TA?

When the FC > 10ppm, the pH will read falsely high. Do not lower the pH now.

Looks like you should lower the output of your SWG some.

I have no experience with the salt strips, I prefer the Taylor drop test.

I bought the taylor drop test and received the salt test strips, I have tried both but the strips are just so hard to read/interpret compared to the Taylor test...

You can drop you SWG to 20% and leave it off for a day and see if its under 10fc, then test again :)

To answer your other question, adding acid will lower TA. That's how you lower the TA. Let the SWG drive pH up, add acid to bring it down to 7.2, repeat. Once you get around 70, the pH swings should stabilize a bit. 70 is an estimate by the way, it seems TA for pH stabilization varies a bit for different pools.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.