Problem with Jacuzzi Saniclear 20

gar13

May 9, 2016
Winnipeg
Hello first post, hoping for some insight into a problem with my Chlorine Generator. It is only 2 years old and the cell was cleaned at the end of the season last year, there doesn't appear to be any scaling on the cell.

I just opened my 18" round above ground pool this weekend. I added at least 2" of fresh water to the pool and have only added 1/2 bag of salt (20lbs). I usually add 2-3 bags on pool opening.

The water temp is 70F. I did receive a "inspect cell" flashing yellow light when I started up the generator, but I cleared the code manually. It also has read 3600ppm for 2 days, even though when I use the instant read salt level on the diagnostic function has also shown 2200ppm since opening as well. The instant read salt level seems more reasonable to me.

Is there anything I can do to diagnose the problem? Why would it display high salt when the instant read seems correct?

Thank you,
gar13

Welcome to TFP :)

SWG can be picky, is it still creating chlorine even though it says high salt?

If not, if you put a hose in to dilute the water coming in to the cell (in the skimmer) does it read lower salt or does the light go away? does it start creating chlorine..

If it does not, is there a place to get the cell checked out? Maybe call the company you bought from and ask them..

Hope this helps

Thanks, I'll try that test. Just backwashing and refilling the pool, I've replaced 10% of the water and it still reads 3600. I'm guessing there is something wrong with the cell.. I'll try your test tomorrow, but I'm guessing it's stuck at 3600 due to a problem with the generator or the cell.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.