What to stuff behind edging at base of Intex pool?

Pv2

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 14, 2013
south east Arizona
I am finally installing the cheap plastic "stone" edging at the base of my pool and cleaning up the shredded tarp/bits of foam and other nasties leftover from setting up almost 3 years ago. :oops:

From a distance it looks great, but up close looking down there is a 4 or 5 inch gap. I thought I might be able to find some kind of soft grey rubber mulch to match but no luck. Anybody have any ideas besides stuffing old newspaper and spray painting it? LOL

I am wary of gravel and also not sure the cheap edging could even hold it, needs to be pretty light weight, I think. (also cheap would be good :D )

I filled around my pool with river pebbles. I'm happy with them. Not sure if your plastic will hold them in place, although you don't need to stack them very deep - just enough to cover the ground.

temporary_zps04820591.jpg

I originally used rubber mulch, but it was too light and ended up scattered all over the yard. I'm still picking it up 3 years later.

I filled around my pool with river pebbles. I'm happy with them. Not sure if your plastic will hold them in place, although you don't need to stack them very deep - just enough to cover the ground.

temporary_zps04820591.jpg

I originally used rubber mulch, but it was too light and ended up scattered all over the yard. I'm still picking it up 3 years later.

Wow that looks really good, but do you have any problems with the pebbles migrating under the curve? I was already having a few small pebbles from the yard getting under there and they sure made me nervous!

Could you load a picture of where you want filled? No quite sure where you are talking about :)

I will see what I can do - in the meantime, if you look at the picture jeffchap posted you can see how the "bag of water" curves under itself before touching the ground. I have some cheap border edging - http://www.coopersofstortford.co.uk/images/products/medium/ST09748i.jpg

I have it up against the legs and pretty much in vertical alignment with the main part of the walls but as that curve goes back under there is a gap of about 4 inches which now has the edge of the foam and or parts of the cut off blue tarp ground cloth behind the edging and looks pretty ugly.

Picture in a few.

Wow that looks really good, but do you have any problems with the pebbles migrating under the curve? I was already having a few small pebbles from the yard getting under there and they sure made me nervous!

No, nothing has ever worked its way under the liner. This is my third season using these pebbles. BTW, they're pretty cheap too. IIRC, a 40 lb bag of them cost under $3 at Home Depot. The mulch was more than that.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.