Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hi and Been awhile have problem hoping you guys tell me it's no big deal.

1. Back To Top    #1

Hi and Been awhile have problem hoping you guys tell me it's no big deal.

as per my older post my pool at the time was not set up. well now it's up, Went to set up filter and ran pump and filter (was a proud moment for me) 20 min later I could of died. Filter has 6 very tiny stress fractures that I did not see when I was installing it. So needless to say hubby came home I was crying (yes I was so ) not a lot of money is sitting around and can buy new filter. So I pumped out water to small pool thank goodness I still had it up. Don't want to lose any more money at this point. I went to bed.

While I was sleeping my beloved hubby does something I never thought he would do. he bought us a new filter and a used pump from a local guy he just droped it off this morning while I was at work.

So no getting our money back on this. I have no idea what he paid he won't tell me Sorry getting off track

it's a Jandy dual speed pump (used) I'm told it works just fine.

And a New Hayward c3030.

My question is both of these have 2" connections can I dial them down to 1 1/5" ??????????????

Please someone give me some good news I don't have the heart to tell my hubby it's not going to work.
    Swim N Play 45' x 18' x 52" Oval
    Hayward c3030
    Hayward Max Flo Pump SP2302VSP

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hi and Been awhile have problem hoping you guys tell me it's no big deal.

ABSOLUTELY!!!! you can use PVC reducer fitting to attach to your 1.5" PVC plumbing.

Sounds like the pump is a nice upgrade with the 2 speeds able to save money on power.
    Remember the new filter is now a cartridge and not a DE filter so the maintenance is a bit different.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

You should be able to adapt the pvc from 2 inch down to 1.5inch. Check the filter tho it may be built to accept both sizes of fittings.
    Chuck-
    15x30 Above ground, Pentair Superflo VS, 19" sand filter, TF-100 test kit
    Aqua Comfort ACT750 heat pump / 6x20 ground mount solar panel / DIY automation

Photos of 2016 Build, Inside Your Breaker Panel, Free Copy of 2017 NEC code
    TFP is funded by member support click here to help

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

lowes will have most everything you will need to connect your new pump and filter including pipe.. look at some of my install pictures below in my signature to get an idea of how to use hard pipe
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

5. Back To Top    #5

OMG YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST!!!!!! I can't thank you guys enough!!! You all just made my night and my summer for my kids!!
    Hayward c3030

6. Back To Top    #6

We are here if more questions pop up
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

7. Back To Top    #7

TFP Guide

I bought a pair of these at Leslie's for $9 to hook up my aftermarket pump to my Intex pool. It was cheaper and easier than making my own from PVC from Lowe's.

Amazon.com : GAME 4560 40mm to 1 1/2 Inch Conversion Kit (For Intex Garden

25000 gallon free-form gunite
    Jandy Stealth pump/CL340 cartridge filter
    Pentair IC40 SWG
    Pentair MasterTemp 250HD heater
    Jandy AquaLink RS automation

8. Back To Top    #8

We're always here for ya.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

9. Back To Top    #9

Honey we got ya! Take a pic and we can even tell you how to do it.

That was SO sweet of hubby.......he did not want to see your cry. Happy wife, happy life at it's finest!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

10. Back To Top    #10

Hayward c3030

11. Back To Top    #11

So exciting, thanks for updating!
    18 X 34 AGP 7ft deep end, 22,300 gallons. 250lb sand filter, 2 speed 1.5 hp pump. TF-100 Test Kit.

12. Back To Top    #12

That pool is HUGE! How many gallons??

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

13. Back To Top    #13

Sorry been kinda busy. pool size according to my short knowledge is between 21k and 22k
    Hayward c3030

14. Back To Top    #14

DANG that pool is ginormous! Perfect pump for that size pool!
    Above Ground 30' by 54" 22,600
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter w/ 1.5HP Dual Speed Hayward Powerflo Matrix Pump
    TF100 Test Kit
    BBB ALL the way!
    Questions about pool care? Visit Pool School

15. Back To Top    #15

Daaaaaaaang.... When can we come over?!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter