My first pool - Intex 24'x52'

Apr 14, 2016
Bellmawr NJ
Well, the pool is on order. I decided to begin measuring the area tonight. I used a 13' piece of string tied to a stake at the center point, and stayed the circumference with with paint. Now I can really get a good perspective on the area I need to prep! Ugh! Anyway, I'm sort of feeling guilty about taking so much yard space away from the dog. But, hopefully she doesn't mind. I'll continue updating this thread as I make progress.
2d2f79b0cd0695351550cfbeb181f0ba.jpg
933aacb9e80a3f0339feecdf4808c7cf.jpg
6a3db7b5b5e54d542de2dcc4cdc77912.jpg

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

I started roto-tilling the ground tonight. There are so many rocks and stones. The previous owner must have back filled the area where the old pool was with sand and landscaping stone.
843a539760563ded0e8d5ab52be022e9.jpg
2f82d0cc15b73d01fc26d33eee69a133.jpg

And this is where they're going.
f82850a6804ea223471a3d79c6a45f5a.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hi Ledvedder,
Our yard was so much worse than yours at the start. Years ago, a previous owner had a storage shed placed upon ? inches of gravel, rather than concrete pad. Over the years, the gravel sunk into ground, etc. After we leveled, we realized there was no way to get avoid the rock. After hand tamping ground to as close to level as possible, we used a black "pond liner" to cover the ground to protect from the gravel, grass, weeds, etc. For the pavers, we used the small rectangular size ? , broke in half. We assembled the frame only of pool & placed in pool area, marking the spots where the feet would be, making sure the legs were level. Took frame apart, placed the pavers level in ground, then installed pool.

Sounds like a lot, but has paid off. Most specifically if you need to take your pool down & replace/put it back up.

Would never go without a salt system again! Such a Money saver & convenience.

Best wishes.

Hi Ledvedder,
Our yard was so much worse than yours at the start. Years ago, a previous owner had a storage shed placed upon ? inches of gravel, rather than concrete pad. Over the years, the gravel sunk into ground, etc. After we leveled, we realized there was no way to get avoid the rock. After hand tamping ground to as close to level as possible, we used a black "pond liner" to cover the ground to protect from the gravel, grass, weeds, etc. For the pavers, we used the small rectangular size ? , broke in half. We assembled the frame only of pool & placed in pool area, marking the spots where the feet would be, making sure the legs were level. Took frame apart, placed the pavers level in ground, then installed pool.

Sounds like a lot, but has paid off. Most specifically if you need to take your pool down & replace/put it back up.

Would never go without a salt system again! Such a Money saver & convenience.

Best wishes.
Thanks for the response. Did you use anything besides the pond liner between the ground and the pool? I've read that a lot of people use the pink insulation board. My local Home Depot has 2'x8'x1" sheets of it for $11 apiece. For my 24' pool, I'd need 36 sheets. You can do the math. I'm not looking to spend that much money on a base.

Any teenagers in the area? They might be willing to help for some cash. You never know.

I would plan on hard plumbing your equipment using valves and unions so that when (notice I did not say if) your cute doggy runs into it nothing bad will happen like a pulled out hose or such.

Kim:cat:

Any teenagers in the area? They might be willing to help for some cash. You never know.

I would plan on hard plumbing your equipment using valves and unions so that when (notice I did not say if) your cute doggy runs into it nothing bad will happen like a pulled out hose or such.

Kim:cat:
Teenagers that want to work? Haha! Where do you find such a thing?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.