My first pool - Intex 24'x52'

Well if you are wanting padding you can use foam boards like you buy from Lowes or Home Depot. You will have to triple tape them to make sure no gaps happen but they add cushion and make for a VERY smooth bottom.

Kim:cat:

I used the gorilla pad knock-off because I was placing the pool on the edge of a field and was worrying about rocks and grass coming through. Even though we tamped and added sand, there is one place I can feel a rock. I am confident, though, that it won't penetrate the liner because of the pad. It made it easier to get he wrinkles out when filling, too. I've never used the insulation.

I used the gorilla pad knock-off because I was placing the pool on the edge of a field and was worrying about rocks and grass coming through. Even though we tamped and added sand, there is one place I can feel a rock. I am confident, though, that it won't penetrate the liner because of the pad. It made it easier to get he wrinkles out when filling, too. I've never used the insulation.

What's the gorilla pad knock off? Does it actually provide some padding, or just protection from rocks/weeds/etc?

And so it begins...
b48a5ebc01047242d1e611bab43722c9.jpg

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

I am sorry I did not see this until just now. :(

I would do the tarp provide first, then the gorilla pad, then the foam board. Not sure why I picked that order but that is what my gut said. I am thinking the foam pad will best right under the pool liner due to wrinkles and such.

Kim:cat:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well, I've been working in between the raindrops tonight. I was really hoping to get the assembly complete and start filling it tonight, but with the rain, it's not gonna happen. I did get about half of the pavers laid and leveled. I don't have a picture of that because it's dark now. But, here is one from earlier, after getting all the uprights in place.

It won't let me upload any pictures.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.