My first pool - Intex 24'x52'

I have a couple in the neighborhood who will give a shout out "I am free Saturday from X to X. Call me!" We let him wash the cars and dog LOL the dog loves it because he also wrestles with him which I do not LOL

Kim:cat:

no, I opted out of the insulation due to cost & fear of cracking with my first pool. no problems. pool I just replaced, I used a black foam like used in basketball court pads, only because it was free. I think mamaw's old feet will appreciate it. lol

4 hours and only 1/4 of the way around.
ab2202bbae8c40b8962c94448228bde1.jpg

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

A few areas in the foreground are low. I'll just densely fill them with the extra dirt that I've dug out of the back. I'm not about to go digging more out of the entire circle to bring it all down to a few low spots.

I have a question for everyone. The area that I've circled is about 1" or so lower than the rest of the area. Can I build this smaller area up?

Attachments

• 2e2a7c3916a3d1b6c7acf4c2812e0c9d.jpg
    2e2a7c3916a3d1b6c7acf4c2812e0c9d.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 201
  • 20160516_120456.jpg
    20160516_120456.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 202

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
well, ..... we kept going lower due to reading the precautions, upon my insistance. had we to do over now, back to that time, knowing what we know now, we would have built up the lesser amount of area tamping it firming. you inquired about pavers, most important is that the pavers the legs sit on are level. In our case, the liner has more "give & take" than we thought. Making sure legs don't sink with erosion is key. Just our experience. gl

well, ..... we kept going lower due to reading the precautions, upon my insistance. had we to do over now, back to that time, knowing what we know now, we would have built up the lesser amount of area tamping it firming. you inquired about pavers, most important is that the pavers the legs sit on are level. In our case, the liner has more "give & take" than we thought. Making sure legs don't sink with erosion is key. Just our experience. gl
What size is your pool?

If you do end up going the add to route, (I only mention it because it's such a small amount) maybe put a wee bit extra to account for settling. Any more than an inch, I would recommend digging the rest down.

Ok, so I'm hoping to get back at this in the next week or so. I'm looking for something to put down instead of the tarp. I've heard and read about that gorilla pad stuff, and also elephant pad. Any recommendations?

I used and elephant pad. It was especially helpful when smoothing out wrinkles while filling. I have a rock that wasn't tamped down that worked through the sand, can feel it, but it shouldn't poke through due to the pad between the liner and the rock. I think it was worth the money.

I used and elephant pad. It was especially helpful when smoothing out wrinkles while filling. I have a rock that wasn't tamped down that worked through the sand, can feel it, but it shouldn't poke through due to the pad between the liner and the rock. I think it was worth the money.
Does it provide decent padding? I've looked at a few other things (perfect pool bottom, happy bottom, etc.), that cost around $400.

I used the gorilla pad when I put my 20' Intex in last spring. I like it. I don't know if it offers a ton of padding, but the bottom is comfortable enough. I mainly used it to prevent rocks/weeds from working their way up into the liner.

Re: the pavers... we used 6x12x1. After the ground was level I fit the top frame together and marked the spot where each leg would sit. Then just dig the pavers down so they're level with the ground. When I started filling the pool I had to make a couple small adjustments, but nothing too drastic. I like that the gorilla pad is between the pavers and liner, too, in case anything shifts/tilts. We kept our pool up over the winter and it all still looks great; none of the legs are settling in or anything.

Good luck! Sounds like you'll be swimming soon!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.