Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Green pool need help with SLAM

1. Back To Top    #1

Green pool need help with SLAM

So, our pool has a funky smell and has a green tint.

PH 8.2
    CH 0
    CC 0
    TA 80
    CA 250
    CYA 25
    Temp 75
    Salt ? Easy touch remote and main box reads 0 ppm with COM LINK ERROR. Salt cell is all green lights.

We've only had to SLAM our pool once so I cant remember if I should fix the PH, CYA or CH first.
    Built in 2011, 23x34' IG freeform play pool (18,850 gallon) ~ 7' spa raised 18" with 5 jets, 3 tier fountain and 5 tier cascading waterfall into pool ~ IntelliChlor SCG ~ Pentair Intelligent VS-3050 variable speed pump ~ Clean and Clear 420 cartridge filter ~ Easy touch controller ~ Blue Granite Pebble Sheen ~ Intellibrite LEDs ~ Turbo twister slide ~ 8x8 flagstone tanning ledge with umbrella sleeve and bubbler ~ In-pool flagstone table with umbrella sleeve ~ 997 sq ft exposed aggregate decking Our pool build

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Green pool need help with SLAM

I would lower pH right away to 7.2. Also get a water sample and verify CYA one more time. If you are sure it's below 30, add just a little required stabilizer to ensure you are at 30, then increase FC to 12. Sun's getting hotter and you'll need that CYA protection. Just leave the SWG off for now as to not mess with your FC SLAM calculations, and you can fix it later. Regular HEB (Bravo) or Wal-Mart (Great Value) bleach will serve you well for the SLAM.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

image.jpg

Thanks! I'll go buy some bleach, CYA and acid.
    Built in 2011, 23x34' IG freeform play pool (18,850 gallon) ~ 7' spa raised 18" with 5 jets, 3 tier fountain and 5 tier cascading waterfall into pool ~ IntelliChlor SCG ~ Pentair Intelligent VS-3050 variable speed pump ~ Clean and Clear 420 cartridge filter ~ Easy touch controller ~ Blue Granite Pebble Sheen ~ Intellibrite LEDs ~ Turbo twister slide ~ 8x8 flagstone tanning ledge with umbrella sleeve and bubbler ~ In-pool flagstone table with umbrella sleeve ~ 997 sq ft exposed aggregate decking Our pool build

4. Back To Top    #4

And I'll buy a ticket on Southwest to jump in that pool! Very nice!
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.

5. Back To Top    #5

Pat! I am right beside you as we cannon ball in! That is a NICE looking set up! AND with her name I bet she has a cute kid or two to throw in the pool!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

6. Back To Top    #6

Thank you Pat and Kim! I don't think y'all would want to swim in this green mess but it is already starting to look better. I'll brush it after work and add more bleach!

image.jpg

Notice the supply of bleach on the outdoor kitchen counter. We've already gone through 6 bottles

7. Back To Top    #7

image.jpg

Looking so much better! Hoping to pass the OCLT tonight and then we will add CYA to get back to SWG appropriate levels and turn the SWG back on!

8. Back To Top    #8

Definitely looking better. Just make sure all 3 SLAM criteria are passed before you back-off of the bleach and lower the FC. Your pool is responding nicely to the treatment.

9. Back To Top    #9

It should be ready by the time I get there! LOL Wonderful job! LOL the bleach supply

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit