Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: The Estimates Are In - What Kind of Cover To Buy?

1. Back To Top    #1

The Estimates Are In - What Kind of Cover To Buy?

Hey all,

I am going to pull the trigger and get a new mesh safety cover for our pool. I am going to send in our old cover (Century brand - not made any more for custom shape) to use as a template so I can use the existing anchors. I have gotten quotes for the brands that offer this service and have listed them below. I have taken Loop Loc off the list since it is too far over budget.

Any manufacturers have advantages? Also, the shipping charges could be a factor as I haven't researched what the costs would be.

I've listed the quotes below. Any opinions would be helpful. Thanks.

Arctic Armor - Made in Canada, but they don't cover inbound shipping
    Safety Mesh 2 year full, 12 year prorated
    $1892.81

Super Mesh 2 year full, 20 year prorated
    $2190.89

Meyco - Made in South Carolina, but they don't cover inbound shipping
    Safety Mesh 2 year full, 12 year prorated
    $2362.88

Anchor - Safety Mesh 2 year full, 12 year prorated. This price includes inbound shipping
    $2451.40

Rayner - Safety Mesh 3 year full, 30 year prorated. This price includes inbound shipping
    $2530.89
    Near Winston-Salem, North Carolina
    33,000 IG Freeform Gunite * Pentair Tagelus Sand Filter * Hayward Pump
    1970's Build * Resurfaced 2015 w/Krystal Blue Krystalkrete
    Polaris 380 Cleaner * TF-100 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: The Estimates Are In - What Kind of Cover To Buy?

Just by warranty, I would go with 3 year and 30 year... The more they stand behind the product the better, with that said, if the company goes out of business your warranty is gone
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: The Estimates Are In - What Kind of Cover To Buy?

All I can ad is that we have a solid Meyco with the mesh down the center for draining purpose. We have had our pool for three years and its a great cover. Well built and I love the fact the it lets no light in.
    18x36 inground vinyl 27000 gal approx. Hayward heatpump heater. Hayward 1 hp super pump single speed. Hayward sand filter. Maytronics dolphin robotic cleaner. TFP 100