Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: A Squishy Mess

1. Back To Top    #1

Wichita KS

A Squishy Mess

I got our new Coleman/Intex up this weekend. It was nice and hot and the ground was dry. After getting it set up, we got a few storms through and the area around the pool (exposed dirt) is extremely muddy. My foot went right down into it.
    I was planning on putting white or river Rock around the pool, but now I'm thinking that even with that, if I step on the rocks they will just squish down into the mud?
    My whole back yard is the lowest part of the yard as we have a view-out basement, so even if I put the corrugated pipe around the pool there is nowhere to discharge it to.
    The ground will dry out normally but I was thinking about splashing water from the pool making the ground soggy.
    Anyone have any ideas for me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Coleman 18'x48' AGP
    Intex Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump 2800GPH
    Intex SWG
    **Under Construction** :)

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide
    Fletcher, OK

Re: A Squishy Mess

You could do a sump pit but unless it is constantly muddy or bad that really is not needed...

Pumps | Collection D Basin | B215711 -
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **