Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New pool bottom?

1. Back To Top    #1

New pool bottom?

I currently have a 24' round above ground thats about 8 years old that has a few problems; I have decided instead of fixing it, I am going to buy a new resin 24 above ground pool. The problem I have had with my current pool is the bottom always seems to get divots and foot prints over time which catch dirt. I have been looking at the Gladon Perfect Pool bottom but they are so pricey. I was wondering if anyone has ever put down vinyl flooring / linoleum under the liner instead of one of these expensive kits. It seems to me that it would be about the same but instead of having seams every 5' I would only have one seam down the middle.

Whats your thoughts?
    24' AG, 52" wall ,resin with 1Hp pentair pump with sand dollar sand filter. Hayward aquatrol salt generator

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide
    Fletcher, OK

Re: New pool bottom?

I used good old hard foam from lowes No divots, feet prints, holes, lines, great bottom Shop Expanded Polystyrene Foam Board Insulation (Common: 0.75-in x 4-ft x 8-ft; Actual: 0.687-in x 3.875-ft x 7.875-ft) at

Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **