Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Pool : Cement

1. Back To Top    #1

Grand Rapids, MI

New Pool : Cement

Hi, I'm a new user and am in process of having a pool installed. The pictures below are what the cement contractor did. He also dumped large amounts of cement into the pool. There is a new liner already in process but has anyone ever had any cement issues like this? I've asked them to clean it up but they weren't sure if they could clean the edges or a new section of concrete would be needed. I'm thinking replacing the concrete may just make it worse than it already is.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

16 X 40, steel walls with vinyl liner with a salt generator.

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide
    Fletcher, OK

Re: New Pool : Cement

Welcome to TFP

That is just a bad job, Your pool company needs to fix this.. is that suppose to be coping?, was it bonded? Could you take a photo of the whole pool, it looks like a fiberglass pool but I have not seen any type of coping done like that... From your signature you say a vinyl liner pool, is this just around the steps?

Please let us know..
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **