How old is too old with chlorine?

May 7, 2016
Atlanta, GA
I am at Wal Mart and have found they have Pool Essentials Chlorinating Liquid for $2.50 a bottle. How do I know what is considered too old. This all was bottled on March 24 of this year.

I assume that is ok but I also assumed trusting the pool store would be ok... ?

Thanks!

I am always leery of bottled higher % chlorinating liquid at big box stores. Even if they have it indoors now there was a long transportation chain that got it to the store where it could spend lots of time in hot trucks and hot warehouses.

Places like Florida and out west where they have refillable-returnable bottles and the retailer has a bulk tank usually indicate quick turnover and fresh chlorine.

I am at Wal Mart and have found they have Pool Essentials Chlorinating Liquid for $2.50 a bottle. How do I know what is considered too old. This all was bottled on March 24 of this year.

I assume that is ok but I also assumed trusting the pool store would be ok... ��

Thanks!

do you have pinch a penny and/or Leslies where you live? if so, call and see if they sell the 2.5 gallon refillable jugs. usually the refill is only like $4-5 for 10.5% and its usually very fresh. we have them in Florida, didnt know how far up into GA they go.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.