Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: AGP Side Table

1. Back To Top    #1

AGP Side Table

I can't take credit for this. I saw this on the forum sometime over the winter and decided to try it. I forgot who posted it first, but whoever you are, thanks for the inspiration. Table worked out great and we actually got in the pool yesterday for the first time. Water was a bit chilly, 73 degF. But the air was warm (86) and it was so nice to finally be in the pool again!

side tableA.jpg

side tableA2.jpg
    Ant
    16'x48" Summer Escapes Pro-Series, AG, Ultra-Frame, Intex CS15110 Sand filter/SWG, 5061 GAL, TF-100 Test Kit w/ K-1766 Salt Test and Speedstir.
    Pool School, ABC's of Water Chemistry, CYA/Chlorine Chart, Water Balance for SWG's, Pool Math.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: AGP Side Table

Nice. And good idea, I've lost 2 cell phones from sitting them on the top rail.
    15x54 swim & play vinyl metal wall AG
    Hayward S210T sand filter 1.5 HP Pentair Superflo vs
    Rheem raypak 130,000 BTU mv ng
    Jacuzzi 345 whirlpool bath
    TF-100 test kit, HM digital com100 Wanda the Whale

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by banditig View Post
    Nice. And good idea, I've lost 2 cell phones from sitting them on the top rail.
    ouch! cell phones and pools don't play well together.
    Ant
    16'x48" Summer Escapes Pro-Series, AG, Ultra-Frame, Intex CS15110 Sand filter/SWG, 5061 GAL, TF-100 Test Kit w/ K-1766 Salt Test and Speedstir.
    Pool School, ABC's of Water Chemistry, CYA/Chlorine Chart, Water Balance for SWG's, Pool Math.

4. Back To Top    #4

I can not remember her name but I remember this being done. Well done.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

5. Back To Top    #5

You KNOW you need to make a materials list and write up a how do! That is awesome!

Love the saying on the table.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

6. Back To Top    #6

Here are the original instructions. I altered them a bit where noted:

{*I used 3/4" instead of 1/2" so it would be sturdier.}
    (1) 1/2" x 10' PVC Pipe
    (2) 1/2" 90 Degree Elbows
    (2) 1/2" 45 Degree Elbows
    (4) 1/2" 3-Way Elbows
    (2) 1/2" x 2 x 2 Tees {I used 2 3x2 sanitary tees with 2 2x3/4 soc bushings}

I cut the 2" side of the tees to make a half circle that sits on the tubular frame of my pool. I have seen the pieces already cut before but Lowes only had tiny ones and Home Depot didn't have any. I'm not sure if they come in 2" but cutting a regular tee wasn't too bad. If you had "real" tools it would be even easier!

The top of the frame is a rectangle using (2) 10" pieces and (2) 14" pieces. About 12" x 16" when you add the 3 way elbows.
    {I used 2-15" and 2-24" pieces to make a bigger square-about 17x25 total}

On the bottom piece of the front (2) 3-way elbows I used a 1 1/2" piece on each to connect to the 45 degree elbows. The diagonal pieces are 15" {mine were closer to 24" because when you put weight on it, it tends to bend down. Not sure o fthe exact length, I kinda eyeballed it} followed by a 90 degree elbow and connected at the bottom with another 14" {24" piece} piece to make the part that rests on the pool wall.

On the bottom piece of the rear (3) 3-way elbows I used a 1 1/2" piece on each to connect to the top of the 2 x 2 x 1/2 tees that I cut which then just rest over/around the top of the pool frame.

{For the top piece with the saying on it, We used a decorating piece we found at Target. We were having trouble finding a serving tray that was big enough. Hope this helps anyone that wants to do this!}
    Ant