Adjusting return eyeball

May 30, 2012
Allentown, PA
I have some problems with my eyeballs (that is pool eyeballs) if I make them too tight they won't move if I make them too loose they eventually fall off. I want to snug them a little bit, but still be able to move them. I'm thinking about greasing them, but I'm not sure what type of grease is pool friendly? They are hayward and have 3 parts to them. Any suggestions?

I have some problems with my eyeballs (that is pool eyeballs) if I make them too tight they won't move if I make them too loose they eventually fall off. I want to snug them a little bit, but still be able to move them. I'm thinking about greasing them, but I'm not sure what type of grease is pool friendly? They are hayward and have 3 parts to them. Any suggestions?
Safest bet is to grit your teeth and go to the pool store and buy a tube of pool lube. Otherwise go to a hardware store and ask for some silicon grease. Don't use a lot of either, just a film is enough.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.