New to Site and Pools and need a ton of information, please

jmp470

May 5, 2016
San Antonio, TX
Greetings all,
My name is John, my family and I live in San Antonio and need some serious feedback on pools. This is my families first pool and we are very excited. However, I like to research the snot out of any purchases, so here I am :D.

My questions:

Question 1: Flagstone vs. Kool decking for a pool that is in direct sunlight all day, what is better? Is it possible to do flagstone copping and kool decking the rest of it?
Question 2: Has the technology with Ozone changed over the years, and is it worth it now?
Question 3: In-pool automatic cleaners, are they worth it?
Question 4: I'm a major swimmer and want to use the pool for exercise, does anyone have experience with FAST-Lane from endless pools? If so, do you have any advice?

The pool I had build is 26 x 34 and around 22,000 gallons of water. I was quoted around $114,000. How does this compare to others?

Welcome to TFP! Congrats on the new pool!

My flagstone coping is a LOT hotter than my stained rocksalt concrete. Like you can't walk bare foot on the flagstone and you can on the concrete.

No, ozone is not effective in outdoor pools.

Yes, robots are all the rage these days instead of pressure/suction cleaners.

We have quite a few people with big pumps for swimming laps, hopefully they chime in with their experiences.

Need a lot more details to discuss pricing. That is an expensive pool, but it depends on the features. My pool is bigger than that and a lot cheaper.

Welcome to the best place to research the snot out of your pool! :mrgreen:

Thank you all for the quick responses. I put things on hold and the wife and I reprioritized our yard.

1st) Clean out all the excess trees from our yard.

2nd) Install a well

3rd) Get the pool

:)

I also delayed the pool purchase, because honestly... after reading many of the posts here, I realize how much we do not know!