Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Bag attachment for suction side vac head?

1. Back To Top    #1

Bag attachment for suction side vac head?

My pool builder left me with a suction side vac head with roller wheels. I'd like to use it to get the bulk of the leaves out when I open the pool... instead of running my dolphin on about 15 cycles to get them out over the course of a week. Save wear and tear on my Dolphin and speed up the process. Problem is, I'd like to keep from having to empty the pump strainer a lot of times... and also keep as much of the junk out of my clean DE filter. Is there any kind of filter/bag I can attach where the hose plugs into my skimmer intake that will pre-filter a lot of the junk out? I don't care of it lets small stuff back in the pool. As long as I get all th ebulky leaves out... my dolphin will have an easier job getting the rest.
    32K gal, gunite, French Gray DB, IntelliFlo VF, IntelliFlo, WhisperFlo, Quad DE 100 filter, IntelliTouch, IC-60 SWG, IntelliChem, Dolphin M5

2. Back To Top    #2
    South-Central Texas, Marion/San Antonio

Re: Bag attachment for suction side vac head?

Do you have a multiport valve on your DE filter? You could just vacuum to waste and shoot that stuff right into the yard.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

Re: Bag attachment for suction side vac head?

How about an inline leaf canister?

16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!