Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Repairing Vinyl Liner

1. Back To Top    #1

Repairing Vinyl Liner

Our liner has split. We do have a piece to patch it with. The color will be off, but we are trying to make it through this season. As you can see from the attached picture, the water level is down some. You'll notice that the liner has pulled out from the wall some, but it is attached at the top. Do you think if we patch it, that it will hold? If so, what's the best way to go about this. I'm assuming we will need to drop the level even more for repair because of the way it's pulled out. If so, how much lower should we go? I would appreciate answers as soon as possible because if it can be repaired, we would like to get on it so that I can start balancing the water. Right now we have several hundred tadpoles in it! If we have to go the new liner route, we would install ourselves. What company would you recommend buying from? As you can see, I couldn't post a picture. It is ripped about an inch and a half from where it attaches at the top, is about 18 inches long, and is pulled out from the wall about 4 - 5 inches.
    Sallie
    25 K gal., vinyl IG, Hayward 3/4 hp pump, Hayward Pro Series S-220T 18" sand filter, full sun all day, no main drain, Pool Solutions PS232 test kit - Columbia, SC

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Repairing Vinyl Liner

No pic...
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

If you can't get your picture to load, try using a hosting site like Photobucket, and copy and paste the IMG code into your post here.

26' X 52" Intex Ultra Frame. Intex Sand Filter
    26' X 52 Intex Ultra Frame Install
    You can lead a horse to (clear) water, but you can't force him to swim in it!

4. Back To Top    #4

Sallie
    25 K gal., vinyl IG, Hayward 3/4 hp pump, Hayward Pro Series S-220T 18" sand filter, full sun all day, no main drain, Pool Solutions PS232 test kit - Columbia, SC