Bronze Supporter
May 3, 2016
Cookeville Tn
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I just recently replaced my Hayward circuit board with an after market board by Optimum. The prob I have is that when I start the system up, the power light and no flow light comes on. When the no flow light goes out, the generating light comes on for about 2 mins and then goes out and the check salt and check cement lights come on steady. I have checked the cell, re-installed it, pushed the diagonistic button and held for 3 secs, but the check salt does not reset - stays on steady. My salt reading has been at 2200 but today started showing 2100. Do I just need to add more salt or could my cell need replacing?

The board usually comes preset for the T15 cell. Since you have a T9 cell, you have to change the setting or the salt will read low. Push the diagnostic button until T15 is displayed and then move the switch from auto to superchlorinate and back to auto until T9 is displayed.

If the setting is correct, the salt might be low or the cell might be wearing out.

How old is the cell?

Have you verified the actual salt level?

Really no need to bring an aquarite cell in for testing. If the salt reading on the box is right, the cell is fine.

The volts tells you if the circuit board is good and the salt reading tells you if the cell is good.

Really no need to bring an aquarite cell in for testing. If the salt reading on the box is right, the cell is fine.

The volts tells you if the circuit board is good and the salt reading tells you if the cell is good.
Yeah if you have a salt tester and the salt diagnostic of the board is (-2500) and the salt tester says 2500 you don't have to get it tested. 9/10 people don't have a salt tester and an aquarite board

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Just do yourself a favor go to the pool store that will test your cell and a water sample. Have them test the water sample first. If the salt is on par with your board the cell is probably good.

If not have them test the cell. Don't do unnecessary steps

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

The salt reading is calculated from the performance of the cell. If the cell is underperforming, the instant salt will read low. For the salt reading to be good, the cell has to be performing properly.

Note: You have to give a few minutes for the readings to stabilize.

@jblizzie re test kit - No I don't. I have been using a reg chlorine/ph/alk/acid kit that I had when I changed over to salt and taking a sample to pool store about every 2 wks for them to test. When I test my salt I have been using salt strips. I generally have very few probs with my pool. But, I have been wanting a kit for ck'ng the salt readings. Which one would you recommend?

Please get one of the recommended test kits and stop trusting the horrendous pool store testing before you DO have a problem ... you may already have a problem and not realize it.

For the salt, there is only 1 Taylor salt test: K-1766

And I recommend the TF-100 as the best value for the overall test kit ... which also uses Taylor reagents

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.