First test results after slam.

Mar 15, 2016
Easley, SC
I have been letting my FC drop back to normal and finally did a full set of test results today. What are everyones opinions? My TA is a little up but my pH only rose 0.3 in three weeks. Should I just keep an eye on my pH for now or go ahead and try and lower my TA? I will post my before and after SLAM results..

Before SLAM (4/18/16)
FC-1.0
CC-1.5
pH-7.2
TA-80
CH-75
CYA-50

After SLAM (5/08/16)
FC-7.0
CC-0.0
pH-7.5
TA-100
CH-75
CYA-50

All that has been added to the pool since the slam started is 10% Liquid Chlorine. Any thoughts or suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Those are some good looking numbers :) great job..

Your TA will go down as you lower PH, so no worries...

I'd just watch it and see what it does over time. If it gets below 7.2-7.3 I would raise it, if it drifted up close to 7.8 I would bump it down a bit. With a vinyl pool it may be happy with that TA and stay still.

PH needs to always be between 7.2 and 7.8 and ideally 7.5 to 7.8. TA at 100 might cause your PH to drift up. When it gets above 7.8 add acid to lower it to 7.5. This will slowly lower TA as well. It is fine to let your TA drop as low as 60 if that is where it ends up through acid additions to lower PH.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
That was quick... Thanks! Just added 3 quarts to get me back to 8. Do you use the FC on the K-1000 kit? Not sure that it would do my any good since it only goes up to 5? I guess I would know to add a certain amount once it hits 5 but wouldnt know until it was 5 or less.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.