Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: First test results after slam.

1. Back To Top    #1

First test results after slam.

I have been letting my FC drop back to normal and finally did a full set of test results today. What are everyones opinions? My TA is a little up but my pH only rose 0.3 in three weeks. Should I just keep an eye on my pH for now or go ahead and try and lower my TA? I will post my before and after SLAM results..

Before SLAM (4/18/16)
    FC-1.0
    CC-1.5
    pH-7.2
    TA-80
    CH-75
    CYA-50

After SLAM (5/08/16)
    FC-7.0
    CC-0.0
    pH-7.5
    TA-100
    CH-75
    CYA-50

All that has been added to the pool since the slam started is 10% Liquid Chlorine. Any thoughts or suggestions is greatly appreciated.
    18x36 inground / 28k gal / Phanton vinyl liner (replaced in 2009) / Hayward Pro Series sand filter / Hayward 1hp pool pump / Hayward 3/4hp booster pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: First test results after slam.

Looks great! "goodjob: Time to swim.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Trust me.. I have wanted to! Had a few colder days here and the water went from 76 to 64. Thats a bit too cold for me. haha. It was back up to 68 today so maybe in another week it will be around 78 again.
    18x36 inground / 28k gal / Phanton vinyl liner (replaced in 2009) / Hayward Pro Series sand filter / Hayward 1hp pool pump / Hayward 3/4hp booster pump

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

Those are some good looking numbers great job..

Your TA will go down as you lower PH, so no worries...
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

5. Back To Top    #5

Should I lower my pH now? I was thinking that it should be around 7.6?

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide

What is your current pH?
    32K gallon Plaster - 1hp Hayward 2 speed Super Pump - Hayward S200 Sand Filter - TF100XL
    Test Kits - Pool Math - Chlorine/CYA/Target/Slam Chart

7. Back To Top    #7

pH is 7.5

8. Back To Top    #8

TFP Guide

I'd just watch it and see what it does over time. If it gets below 7.2-7.3 I would raise it, if it drifted up close to 7.8 I would bump it down a bit. With a vinyl pool it may be happy with that TA and stay still.
    32K gallon Plaster - 1hp Hayward 2 speed Super Pump - Hayward S200 Sand Filter - TF100XL

9. Back To Top    #9

PH needs to always be between 7.2 and 7.8 and ideally 7.5 to 7.8. TA at 100 might cause your PH to drift up. When it gets above 7.8 add acid to lower it to 7.5. This will slowly lower TA as well. It is fine to let your TA drop as low as 60 if that is where it ends up through acid additions to lower PH.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

10. Back To Top    #10

Thanks for the responses! I wasn't sure how important keeping the TA between 70 and 90 was. If/when pH rises to 7.8 I will start fine tuning. Now if it would heat up.... I am ready to try this pool out! haha.

11. Back To Top    #11

If my FC range is 4 to 8, should I be shooting for 8 since I am only adding chlorine once a day?

12. Back To Top    #12

TFP Guide

Yes.

13. Back To Top    #13

That was quick... Thanks! Just added 3 quarts to get me back to 8. Do you use the FC on the K-1000 kit? Not sure that it would do my any good since it only goes up to 5? I guess I would know to add a certain amount once it hits 5 but wouldnt know until it was 5 or less.