Robotic not going up walls or steps or seats or shallow

vinnie

Mar 12, 2009
After a ton of research I had decided to go with the Aquatic Bravo Fury. It's supposedly made by the same company and the Blue Diamond and Aquabots. I was told it's basically identical to the Blue Diamond. It looks just like a Blue Diamond. Here is a link to it http://www.aquadist.com/aquabot_fury.htm

I'm on my second one. They are both doing the same thing. I threw it into the pool as soon as I took the cover off. My pool was covered with algae. It will not go up the walls. It occasionally will go up some of the slanted areas of the pool but it never goes up the straight vertical. I've watched it and it seems to just bounce off the wall. It does the same thing when it tries to go up my steps. It doesn't even reach the seats that I have since they are up the edge on the deep end. It also will not go to the shallow end of my pool. It starts to go up the incline and then just makes a wide turn and back down to the deep end. I've noticed that if I put the power supply on the side of my pool it will go up to the shallow end but not very often. The first one I had was also turning off after short amounts of time so the company replaced it. The new one is staying on for the full 3 hours but still has the same problems with not going up walls and to the shallow end.

Any ideas???

Hi there...new to the boards, but I may be able to help with this. I had the same problem with my Tiger Shark. The problem was the water was too dirty to start out with, so the filter was getting clogged up really fast....thus is wasn't getting enough suction to be able to stick on the walls.

Another thing, if there is a lot of algae on the walls, it might not have enough traction to get up there.

Hope that helps! Now to post my own question on my robot...

Completely agree with Pappy about the algae.

You mentioned you have a lot of it. That means the walls of your pool will be extremely slippery.

I have the Aquabot Turbo 2, and if there is even a little algae in the pool, it will not climb the walls. It needs traction to get up there.

Just shock the pool and brush the walls. When you kill all the algae and brush it off the walls, he will get up there. If you put your hand in and feel the walls, you will be able to see for yourself how slippery it is.

Good luck.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.