Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: SLAMming my swamp

1. Back To Top    #1

SLAMming my swamp

20160508_114914.jpg

Finally getting to my pool.

Long story...during the winter the cover blew off and froze to itself so I couldn't re-cover it. Pool was full of leaves and other stuff. After dealing with the debris, a leaking pump, a week of rain, and a torn achilles tendon...I am ready to SLAM this swamp!

After one year of being pool stored, where the pool would look good until for a day of swimming, then 3 days cloudy, I found TFP. Last year my pool was clean in a matter of days...and thanks to you wonderful people, it stayed crystal all summer!

Hoping for the same results this year!

I will be posting updates and pics and test results.
    Pool Size: 5,000 Gallons Above Ground
    Cartridge filter
    Proline Clear water element filter
    City water, no restrictions.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: SLAMming my swamp

Keep those pictures coming and you could make the big time and be featured in Recovering my old inspirational links
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

I can't wait to see how fast you can do this! You know what needs to be done and how to do it! At least you do not have any livestock (frogs) in it!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

20160522_120909.jpgNot going to happen fast . Over the course of the last two weeks, I've had so many distractions and have only been able to attend the SLAM 2-3 times a day.

But now I finally have the time. As you can see, the green is gone! I can just see the bottom when vacuuming.
    Pool Size: 5,000 Gallons Above Ground
    Cartridge filter
    Proline Clear water element filter
    City water, no restrictions.

5. Back To Top    #5

That is great progress. Yeah if happens. Do what you can, when you can. It will get done.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit