Blown out filter?

jr219

Oct 2, 2011
Just came out to find my filter enclosure cracked and spewing water everywhere. Right now I have a Pentair FNS 48 and I was thinking about replacing it with a FNS 60 (which is just larger capacity). All the inlet and outlet locations are in the same place, so it should be an easy swap out.

Is there any issue going with a larger filter size?

The filter unit is about 8 years old and it does see a bunch of sun (equipment is south west exposure).

I don't maintain my own pool ( I know, I know), but is it possible that the pressure was increased in the filter because the company was not cleaning the filter as often as needed? I don't know what a dirty DE filter looks like.. but mine was filled with tons of DE when I took it out just now and looked dirty..

IMG_8317%20%281%29.jpg

IMG_8319%20%281%29.jpg

IMG_8326%20%281%29.jpg

Thanks!

-jr

I don't think it's the pool service's fault. The filter grids would be crushed flat if high pressure was the culprit, and the amount of DE caked inside looks familiar to me.

There is no issue with a larger filter at all. And a larger filter with the same footprint makes upgrading real easy. Do it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.