SE Virginia
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
My Polaris is just a few years old and up until now has performed well. This season I noticed that it's not going into the shallow end much. When climbing the incline, which isn't steep, from the deep end to the shallow end I noticed it will curve to the right rather than going straight, hence why it's staying in the deep end. On the level surfaces it has no problem going straight.

Any suggestions what I might check? I have no problem opening it up and replacing parts if needed.

Thanks. :)

One day I'd like to try a robot, but with the house needing a new roof and some repairs this year a new robot cleaner is out of the budget.

In no particular order:
1. Make sure that all three wheels maintain contact with the bottom while going up the incline. If the Polaris tends to point either up or down, then check the float adjustment.
2. Adjust the rear nozzle to see if that corrects the problem.
3. Check the bearings on all of the wheels.
4. Check the hose. If it is old and lost its flexibility, it can have a tendency to bend to one side or the other. You can leave it out in the sun for a few hours to soften up or rotate it 90 degrees so the bend does not affect its direction.

Thanks for the great tips. :D

Hmmm.....the water is still pretty cold (low to mid 60s), perhaps that's affecting the flexibility of the enough to cause the issue?

I know my 280 is having the same issue and I have noticed that the hose is not a flexible as it usually is when its warmer out. My pool is only 63 degrees so the hose stiffens up pretty quick. I am thinking about adding a couple more swivel joins to see if that helps any.

I thought I'd post an update.....

Water temp is in the 70s now and the Polaris is performing better. So I guess the issue was the hose being a bit stiff from the cold water temps.

Although I have 380, I wrestled with mine since it was not moving. Two main problems 1) disassembled to find one of the hoses inside the unit was lose due to the assembler placing the zip tie (around the hose) too close to water wheel and the hose / zip tie was rubbing against the driving mechanism ("water wheel), 2) the univ wall fitting filter screen was clogged - this was the main problem though. Funny how I didn't check the most "basic" issue after opening the pool (clogged screen).

Now the problem is mine runs like a maniac..... :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.