Cutting a Solar Cover for Free Form Pool and What Reel?

May 7, 2016
Atlanta, GA
We just purchased a solar cover for our pool after mice destroyed the one we stored for the winter in my mom's shed. We have a free form pool so I purchased a rectangular shaped cover and plan to trim. We laid it out over the pool for three days and then did a "rough" trim. I could have sworn that I read somewhere that you should let your cover sit for two weeks before doing a final fitted trim but now I cannot find that. Does anyone know if that is the case or are we ok to go ahead and do the final cut?

Also, we are interested in a reel for the cover but can't believe how they range from $250 to $1500. Such a difference! Any recommendations or things we need to consider when purchasing?

Thanks!
Kristina

Look up posts by user mas985. He has a link in his signature for a DIY reel using DWV PVC pipe (the pipe floats on water). It's a DIY version of The Solar Roller reel system. I plan on cutting my new cover as well this week. Leave it in the water for 24-48 hours to let it shrink/expand as needed and then do a final trim cut.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.