Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: My wife is a TFP snob.

1. Back To Top    #1

My wife is a TFP snob.

I work away from home and my wife took
    The kids to a pool party yesterday. Well she texted me about the water being so "cloudy" . I thought everyone would get a kick out of this

13500 gallon above ground with pentair sand dollar sand filter, 1.5hp pentair pump with TF-100 test kit. Kaplan, Louisiana

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: My wife is a TFP snob.

Welcome to the TFP club.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Like this?

16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

LOL, nice
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

5. Back To Top    #5

haha!

Hopefully you can convert them! My friends who have cloudy water think the TFP methods are insane...yet my water is perfect. I'm not sure how that logic follows but to each their own I guess!
    Helpful Links: Pool Chemistry 101 - Recommended Levels - Recommended Chemicals - FC/CYA Chart - SLAM Instructions - Pool Math
    Test Kits:
    TF-100 - Taylor K2006 - SpeedStir Upgrade - Taylor K-1766 Salt Test
    My Pool:
    28k IG built May 2015 - Autopilot SWG - Pentair VS Pump/DE Filter/Heat Pump

6. Back To Top    #6

My wife is a TFP snob.

Yea my friends are the same way. I talk about slamming the pool and passing an OCLT & they look at me crazy because I'm putting bleach in the pool when they're going spend hundreds of dollars at the pool store to throw chemicals in that they have no clue what they are adding to the water that they're swimming in. Not to mention they're not ridding themselves of the problem but only pushing it back to a later date.

13500 gallon above ground with pentair sand dollar sand filter, 1.5hp pentair pump with TF-100 test kit. Kaplan, Louisiana

7. Back To Top    #7

Worst side effect of TFP! It is really pretty bad to swim in OPP, Other People's Pools! Ewww.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

8. Back To Top    #8

LOL see do NOT say bleach use the words chlorine and pool shock. WE know it is the same thing but it seems to help them believe.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

9. Back To Top    #9

Image1462756445.948930.jpg

The reason she's a snob.

10. Back To Top    #10

Awesome! I'm a snob too! We went to a lodge last month for a few nights and the pool water was so cloudy and smelled strong it was hard for me to let the kids get in!

12,000 gallon Blue Hawaiian 'Hamilton' fiberglass IG 15x34 freeform, Pebble Beach finish, Pentair Clean & Clear 100 filter cartridge, Pentair SuperFlo 1.5HP pump, Stenner pump, Raypak 266k heater
    8/2015 pool build photos TFT-100 test kit

11. Back To Top    #11

Nickllm, Just wait until they try a resort pool, eewwwww

Ike

p.s. I was in your part of the state for lunch yesterday (Cafe Jeferson at Rip Van Winkle Gardens with the extended family)
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

12. Back To Top    #12

When the guy who built my pool says "before I became a pool expert" I C R I N G E.. I did not hire this guyI bought my house at 85% complete. He built 4 houses in this neighborhood, he watched a pool subcontractor build the first pool and thought that looks easy, then built the next 3 himself, all have problems including mine. He sees no point in knowing what the CYA is, he said he maintains a pool close to us for 8 months and has never needed to add salt, always vacuums to waste, and thinks vacuuming once every 2 weeks is sufficient, I need to vacuum every 2 days, but starts many sentences with "before I became a pool expert". His idea of fixing a leak at a light is to just fill the lighting conduit with silicone and eliminate the light, the light is still in the pool but will never function again. The weir door on my skimmer broke where the little piece of plastic holds it in place, I see no name on the skimmer so I asked him if he knew which kind it is........his reply, you don't really need that door anyway, well I think you DO, by the process of elimination, I figured it is a Hayward and easily ordered a new weir door here in Thailand. I do not let this "pool expert" near my pool.
    i now know......I know significantly more than him from this site and doing my own reading on the internet but would not sell myself as a pool novice, let alone an "expert".
    8M x 4M X 2M no slope IG CONCRETE w/ceramic glass tile
    17,000 Gal EMAUX SWG JAZZI FILTER W/1-3 mm glass media, Jazzi Multi-port valve with
    T-750 filter w/ glass media
    1 main drain sump -3 returns - 1 skimmer
    Kokido digital salinity tester, Kokida drops for CL Hanna digital PH meter, Taylor K-2006

13. Back To Top    #13

Captain that is scary on the "expert" OUCH on the problems he has built

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

14. Back To Top    #14

We will be renting a vacation house this summer in the Florida Keys and I'm tempted to sneak my test kit into my luggage just to check the pool, lol.
    Pool completed 3/21/2016
    8800 gallons, plaster 14' x 24', 3/4 hp Hayward pump, Hayward cartridge filter, Blue Essence T-5 SWG, Kreepy Krauly Kruiser, Taylor K-2006 test kit with Speedstir, Taylor K-1766 salt test and 250 sq. ft. of Heliocol solar panels with Pentair Solartouch control system