Where to start

Jun 14, 2012
Blaine, MN
Hi everyone,

We pulled the winter cover off yesterday (Saturday). Scooped a few leaves out, lightly scrubbed the walls and put the solar cover on. The pool guy is coming on Friday to get the pump and heater ready to go. I hope to get the chemicals where they need to be before he comes. Questions for my pool gurus.

Where do I start? I know the TA and PH are important to get right so we don't ruin the heater (installed last fall, haven't used it yet).

PH is 7.2-7.5 (hard to tell with the color test)
FC 1
CC 0
TC 1
TA 40
CYA 0

Thanks

PH between 7.2 and 7.8 will keep your heater good. PH below 7.0 is what can hurt your heater. Add 30 ppm of CYA in a sock in front of a return or pump and SLAM the pool if there is algae, Pool School - SLAM - Shock Level And Maintain. Or maintain chlorine if there isn't. Chlorine CYA Chart.

As a member since 2012 I assume you have one of the recommended test kits. You can add it to your sig if you want.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.