this is is the first year I am opening my pool and i am struggling with an issue.
ive been able to completly clear the water and get it balanced.. However every time I add shock of chlorine the water tints yellow.
ive been back and forth to the pool store and all that has been found is very high phosphates( likely from all that leaf organic material over the winter). I've used the phosphate removal product ... But now when I turn on the chlorine generator I get the slight tint of yellow.
i would like to know can phosphate oxidize and cause this colour when I shock?
i did ask for a metal test but I am not sure if the pool store ran one or not... Looking for some help and next step in my trouble shooting. I am on city water and have never had any issues... I suspect I should also ask for iron, copper and other metal tests?
ta 140 ppm
ch 140 ppm