First ever Pool Test...and not the last!

Yes do the CYA test. Fill to the first line, GLANCE in the tube. IF you can still see the dot, fill to the next line, GLANCE in. IF you can still... keep going until you do not see the dot with a GLANCE. If you stare you will see the dot LOL

Kim:cat:
Hi everyone. Just did the CYA test...40.

The green pale color appears to be fading ever so slightly. The walls do not feel slimy either

12,000 Gal,IG Vinyl,Pentair 1HP Dynamo,Pentair SD40,Pentair Intellichlor SWG,Dolphin Nautilus, TF-100

Holy Moly...me too...oops

12,000 Gal,IG Vinyl,Pentair 1HP Dynamo,Pentair SD40,Pentair Intellichlor SWG,Dolphin Nautilus, TF-100

We are working in this glitch! It is not as fun as the upside down pictures though LOL

- - - Updated - - -

Hi everyone. Just did the CYA test...40.

The green pale color appears to be fading ever so slightly. The walls do not feel slimy either

That is awesome news! A little at a time you will have a clear, jewel like pool!

Hi folks just did a full test. See results below.

Weather-Clear-60°F

FC-1.5
CC-0
TC-1.5
CH-75
TA-170
CYA-40
PH-7.5
CL BR 1-2

Pool color pale green-no slime.

What shall the next step be? Patience [emoji6]

Hi folks just did a full test. See results below.

Weather-Clear-60°F

FC-1.5
CC-0
TC-1.5
CH-75
TA-170
CYA-40
PH-7.5
CL BR 1-2

Pool color pale green-no slime.

What shall the next step be? Patience [emoji6]

The next step is to turn that SWG up a few notches. Your FC is too low for 40 CYA. The CYA is too low for the SWG, but hold off on raising that until this green issue is resolved. The other suggestion is to layer some paper towels in your skimmer basket. If it is fine rust particles from Iron in the water, it might strain 'em out.

The next step is to turn that SWG up a few notches. Your FC is too low for 40 CYA. The CYA is too low for the SWG, but hold off on raising that until this green issue is resolved. The other suggestion is to layer some paper towels in your skimmer basket. If it is fine rust particles from Iron in the water, it might strain 'em out.

You got it Richard... I will put some paper towels in the skimmer basket now. I'll update tomorrow at some point. A photo might help too... compare Monday mornings pale green versus Wednesday mornings? Just a thought is all.

Thanks for the response and information.

Good morning everyone,

So I put in the paper towels last night and noticed that the pool is slightly improved again. There's definitely some discoloration in the once white paper towels. See below.

57c05ade14cf703192ff6a48d536d9c8.jpg

Also a picture of the pool steps. Should I wait a little longer before I tackle the FC upkeep?

969a071e31550372bbcefe7edf23763e.jpg

Thanks so much

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I will unleash the Dolphin at lunchtime and test the FC again. Last night prior to the paper towels...FC was 1.5

Good afternoon

Replaced the paper towels at lunchtime. New FC results too FC -1.5 same as last night.

The pool is much better. Clearer!

See images below.

3e4f0d4dbb601a1c82e229e02bfa1e2b.jpg

129b7fc2c95a723d7f956a0412aed14e.jpg

520e3645283c55dc02b0010bec9d27d5.jpg

Simply amazes me how a roll of paper towels eradicated a problem that a pool store would have charged $100's to remedy.

Thanks Richard for the tip!

Is it time to fire up the SWG tonight? Or raise the FC first as you had mentioned... That's the chlorine levels?

So the pool seems to be entirely free of the green pale color.

I've plugged in my results into pool math and it's telling me that I need to add 50oz of 8.25% bleach to raise the target to FC 4.

This shall be the first step followed by adding 72oz of stabilizer (80) to bring the CYA levels to an appropriate level prior to starting the SWG?

I hope I'm plugging the numbers in correctly and following the directions as needed. I'm assuming it's for a bleach pool just now as the SWG is not running.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Here's a picture of the pool this morning.
043f9028e0f1cd3dad6be73641c6e342.jpg

Derry, Look up in the post above yours and see the link that talks about the daily schedule for pool care. If you do not add chlorine/bleach each day or evening (this is when I do it so the chlorine can do it's work without the sun eating it) you will get algae. One of the links talk about the levels we like each thing to be at. Your should keep a log of your testing each day. After a while you start to see a pattern of how much FC your pool uses each day as well as how the PH acts day to day. We will work on finding the PH/TA levels for YOUR pool as each one is SO different.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.