Bio Active

kadavis

TFP Guide
In The Industry
Apr 5, 2015
tucson, arizona
Was wondering if any members have used a product called Bio Active. It is used to reduce (remove) CYA from the water. I have tried it once with poor results, although talking to there reps they believe I didn't follow all there directions. Would try again but would like better direction from a member

There were a number of folks that have tried it and to the best of my knowledge, none were truly successful. There were reported decreases, but upon further investigation it was found to be attributed to testing error or water exchange.

We even had a member work at length with the tech support folks but in the end they needed to drain and refill.

As the others have said, when this product showed up a year or so ago there was great interest in it, and we had a few experienced members try it out and in the best case the results were marginal at best, and within the margin of error of the test at worst. I think everyone was hopeful that this product would be the real deal, and it just not seem to be that, at least not when used as directed.

Do a search on bio active in the upper right corner and you can read the threads from last year.

There is a bacteria that consumes CYA and it shows up in a few people's pool every year and usually takes their CYA down to 0 and leaves a bunch of ammonia in the pool. It takes the perfect scenario that seems to include a lower water temp and low to no chlorine. I assume the bio active people are trying to replicate this scenario. But, it doesn't seem to work reliably or with predictable results.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.