Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Bio Active

1. Back To Top    #1

In the Industry

tucson, arizona

Bio Active

Was wondering if any members have used a product called Bio Active. It is used to reduce (remove) CYA from the water. I have tried it once with poor results, although talking to there reps they believe I didn't follow all there directions. Would try again but would like better direction from a member

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide
    Dallas Ga

Re: Bio Active

There were a number of folks that have tried it and to the best of my knowledge, none were truly successful. There were reported decreases, but upon further investigation it was found to be attributed to testing error or water exchange.

We even had a member work at length with the tech support folks but in the end they needed to drain and refill.
    Bob - Palm Beach by San Juan Pools. approx 5000 gals Pentair 320 cartridge filter (all new guts installed by me) Goldline SWG Intermec 104 TImer Test kit K-2006-C

3. Back To Top    #3
    Tucson, AZ

As far as I have seen, it is just another magic potion that does not do what it claims.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4
    SW Louisiana

As the others have said, when this product showed up a year or so ago there was great interest in it, and we had a few experienced members try it out and in the best case the results were marginal at best, and within the margin of error of the test at worst. I think everyone was hopeful that this product would be the real deal, and it just not seem to be that, at least not when used as directed.
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

5. Back To Top    #5
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Do a search on bio active in the upper right corner and you can read the threads from last year.

There is a bacteria that consumes CYA and it shows up in a few people's pool every year and usually takes their CYA down to 0 and leaves a bunch of ammonia in the pool. It takes the perfect scenario that seems to include a lower water temp and low to no chlorine. I assume the bio active people are trying to replicate this scenario. But, it doesn't seem to work reliably or with predictable results.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach